The DICT Development Group
2 definitions found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Strickle \Stric"kle\, n. [See Strike.]
1. An instrument to strike grain to a level with the measure;
2. An instrument for whetting scythes; a rifle.
3. (Founding) An instrument used for smoothing the surface of
4. (Carp. & Mason.) A templet; a pattern.
5. An instrument used in dressing flax. [Prov. Eng.]
From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) :
n 1: an implement for sharpening scythes
2: a tool or rod used to level off grain or other granular
material that is heaped in a measure
3: a tool used in a foundry to shape a mold in sand
v 1: level off with a strickle in a measuring container;
2: smooth with a strickle; "strickle the grain in the measure"
[syn: strickle, strike]
Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org Specification=RFC 2229