The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Discovery \Dis*cov"er*y\, n.; pl. Discoveries.
1. The action of discovering; exposure to view; laying open;
showing; as, the discovery of a plot.
2. A making known; revelation; disclosure; as, a bankrupt is
bound to make a full discovery of his assets.
In the clear discoveries of the next [world].
3. Finding out or ascertaining something previously unknown
or unrecognized; as, Harvey's discovery of the circulation
of the blood.
A brilliant career of discovery and conquest.
We speak of the "invention" of printing, the
discovery of America. --Trench.
4. That which is discovered; a thing found out, or for the
first time ascertained or recognized; as, the properties
of the magnet were an important discovery.
5. Exploration; examination. [Obs.]
Contactemail@example.com Specification=RFC 2229