The DICT Development Group
2 definitions found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Singly \Sin"gly\, adv.
1. Individually; particularly; severally; as, to make men
singly and personally good.
2. Only; by one's self; alone.
Look thee, 't is so! Thou singly honest man. --Shak.
3. Without partners, companions, or associates;
single-handed; as, to attack another singly.
At omber singly to decide their doom. --Pope.
4. Honestly; sincerely; simply. [R.] --Johnson.
5. Singularly; peculiarly. [Obs.] --Milton.
From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) :
adv 1: one by one; one at a time; "they were arranged singly"
2: apart from others; "taken individually, the rooms were, in
fact, square"; "the fine points are treated singly" [syn:
individually, separately, singly, severally, one by
one, on an individual basis]
Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org Specification=RFC 2229