The DICT Development Group
2 definitions found
for rocker arm
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Rocker \Rock"er\, n.
1. One who rocks; specifically, one who rocks a cradle.
It was I, sir, said the rocker, who had the honor,
some thirty years since, to attend on your highness
in your infancy. --Fuller.
2. One of the curving pieces of wood or metal on which a
cradle, chair, etc., rocks.
3. Any implement or machine working with a rocking motion, as
a trough mounted on rockers for separating gold dust from
gravel, etc., by agitation in water.
4. A play horse on rockers; a rocking-horse.
5. A chair mounted on rockers; a rocking-chair.
6. A skate with a curved blade, somewhat resembling in shape
the rocker of a cradle.
7. (Mach.) Same as Rock shaft.
Rocker arm (Mach.), an arm borne by a rock shaft.
From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) :
n 1: a lever pivoted at the center; used especially to push a
valve down in an internal-combustion engine [syn: rocker
arm, valve rocker]
Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org Specification=RFC 2229