The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for Turning bridge
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Turning \Turn"ing\, n.
1. The act of one who, or that which, turns; also, a winding;
a bending course; a flexure; a meander.
Through paths and turnings often trod by day.
2. The place of a turn; an angle or corner, as of a road.
It is preached at every turning. --Coleridge.
3. Deviation from the way or proper course. --Harmar.
4. Turnery, or the shaping of solid substances into various
forms by means of a lathe and cutting tools.
5. pl. The pieces, or chips, detached in the process of
turning from the material turned; -- usually used in the
6. (Mil.) A maneuver by which an enemy or a position is
Turning and boring mill, a kind of lathe having a vertical
spindle and horizontal face plate, for turning and boring
Turning bridge. See the Note under Drawbridge.
Turning engine, an engine lathe.
Turning lathe, a lathe used by turners to shape their work.
Turning pair. See the Note under Pair, n.
Turning point, the point upon which a question turns, and
which decides a case.
Contactemail@example.com Specification=RFC 2229