The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for Trail net
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Trail \Trail\, n.
1. A track left by man or beast; a track followed by the
hunter; a scent on the ground by the animal pursued; as, a
They traveled in the bed of the brook, leaving no
dangerous trail. --Cooper.
How cheerfully on the false trail they cry! --Shak.
2. A footpath or road track through a wilderness or wild
region; as, an Indian trail over the plains.
3. Anything drawn out to a length; as, the trail of a meteor;
a trail of smoke.
When lightning shoots in glittering trails along.
4. Anything drawn behind in long undulations; a train. "A
radiant trail of hair." --Pope.
5. Anything drawn along, as a vehicle. [Obs.]
6. A frame for trailing plants; a trellis. [Obs.]
7. The entrails of a fowl, especially of game, as the
woodcock, and the like; -- applied also, sometimes, to the
entrails of sheep.
The woodcock is a favorite with epicures, and served
with its trail in, is a delicious dish. --Baird.
8. (Mil.) That part of the stock of a gun carriage which
rests on the ground when the piece is unlimbered. See
Illust. of Gun carriage, under Gun.
9. The act of taking advantage of the ignorance of a person;
an imposition. [Prov. Eng.]
Trail boards (Shipbuilding), the carved boards on both
sides of the cutwater near the figurehead.
Trail net, a net that is trailed or drawn behind a boat.
Contactemail@example.com Specification=RFC 2229