The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for Slipper limpet
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Slipper \Slip"per\, n.
1. One who, or that which, slips.
2. A kind of light shoe, which may be slipped on with ease,
and worn in undress; a slipshoe.
3. A kind of apron or pinafore for children.
4. A kind of brake or shoe for a wagon wheel.
5. (Mach.) A piece, usually a plate, applied to a sliding
piece, to receive wear and afford a means of adjustment;
-- also called shoe, and gib.
Slipper animalcule (Zool.), a ciliated infusorian of the
Slipper flower.(Bot.) Slipperwort.
Slipper limpet, or Slipper shell (Zool.), a boat shell.
Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org Specification=RFC 2229