The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for Retention cyst
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Retention \Re*ten"tion\, n. [L. retentio: cf. F. r['e]tention.
1. The act of retaining, or the state of being ratined.
2. The power of retaining; retentiveness.
No woman's heart
So big, to hold so much; they lack retention.
3. That which contains something, as a tablet; a ???? of
preserving impressions. [R.] --Shak.
4. The act of withholding; retraint; reserve. --Shak.
5. Place of custody or confinement.
6. (Law) The right of withholding a debt, or of retaining
property until a debt due to the person claiming the right
be duly paid; a lien. --Erskine. Craig.
Retention cyst (Med.), a cyst produced by obstruction of a
duct leading from a secreting organ and the consequent
retention of the natural secretions.
Contactemail@example.com Specification=RFC 2229