The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for Paste eel
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Paste \Paste\ (p[=a]st), n. [OF. paste, F. p[^a]te, L. pasta,
fr. Gr. ? barley broth; cf. ? barley porridge, ? sprinkled
with salt, ? to sprinkle. Cf. Pasty, n., Patty.]
1. A soft composition, as of flour moistened with water or
milk, or of earth moistened to the consistence of dough,
as in making potter's ware.
2. Specifically, in cookery, a dough prepared for the crust
of pies and the like; pastry dough.
3. A kind of cement made of flour and water, starch and
water, or the like, -- used for uniting paper or other
substances, as in bookbinding, etc., -- also used in
calico printing as a vehicle for mordant or color.
4. A highly refractive vitreous composition, variously
colored, used in making imitations of precious stones or
gems. See Strass.
5. A soft confection made of the inspissated juice of fruit,
licorice, or the like, with sugar, etc.
6. (Min.) The mineral substance in which other minerals are
Paste eel (Zool.), the vinegar eel. See under Vinegar.
Contactemail@example.com Specification=RFC 2229