The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Job \Job\ (j[o^]b), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Jobbed (j[o^]bd); p.
pr. & vb. n. Jobbing.]
1. To strike or stab with a pointed instrument. --L'Estrange.
2. To thrust in, as a pointed instrument. --Moxon.
3. To do or cause to be done by separate portions or lots; to
sublet (work); as, to job a contract.
4. (Com.) To buy and sell, as a broker; to purchase of
importers or manufacturers for the purpose of selling to
retailers; as, to job goods.
5. To hire or let by the job or for a period of service; as,
to job a carriage. --Thackeray.
Contactemail@example.com Specification=RFC 2229