The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Issue \Is"sue\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Issued ([i^]sh"[-u]d); p.
pr. & vb. n. Issuing.]
1. To pass or flow out; to run out, as from any inclosed
From it issued forced drops of blood. --Shak.
2. To go out; to rush out; to sally forth; as, troops issued
from the town, and attacked the besiegers.
3. To proceed, as from a source; as, water issues from
springs; light issues from the sun.
4. To proceed, as progeny; to be derived; to be descended; to
Of thy sons that shall issue from thee. --2 Kings
5. To extend; to pass or open; as, the path issues into the
6. To be produced as an effect or result; to grow or accrue;
to arise; to proceed; as, rents and profits issuing from
land, tenements, or a capital stock.
7. To close; to end; to terminate; to turn out; as, we know
not how the cause will issue.
8. (Law) In pleading, to come to a point in fact or law, on
which the parties join issue.
Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org Specification=RFC 2229