The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
for Hunter''s screw
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Hunter \Hunt"er\, n.
1. One who hunts wild animals either for sport or for food; a
2. A dog that scents game, or is trained to the chase; a
hunting dog. --Shak.
3. A horse used in the chase; especially, a thoroughbred,
bred and trained for hunting.
4. One who hunts or seeks after anything, as if for game; as,
a fortune hunter a place hunter.
No keener hunter after glory breathes. --Tennyson.
5. (Zool.) A kind of spider. See Hunting spider, under
6. A hunting watch, or one of which the crystal is protected
by a metallic cover.
Hunter's room, the lunation after the harvest moon.
Hunter's screw (Mech.), a differential screw, so named from
the inventor. See under Differential.
Contactemail@example.com Specification=RFC 2229