The DICT Development Group

Search for:
Search type:

Database copyright information
Server information

2 definitions found
 for Gauffer
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :

  Gauffer \Gauf"fer\, v. t. [F. gaufrer to figure cloth, velvet,
     and other stuffs, fr. gaufre honeycomb, waffle; of German
     origin. See Waffle, Wafer, and cf. Goffer, Gopher an
     To plait, crimp, or flute; to goffer, as lace. See Goffer.
     [1913 Webster]

From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) :

      n 1: an iron used to press pleats and ridges [syn: goffer,
           gauffer, goffering iron, gauffering iron]
      2: an ornamental frill made by pressing pleats [syn: goffer,
      v 1: make wavy with a heated goffering iron; "goffer the trim of
           the dress" [syn: gauffer, goffer]

Contact=webmaster@dict.org Specification=RFC 2229