The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Even \E"ven\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Evened; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To make even or level; to level; to lay smooth.
His temple Xerxes evened with the soil. --Sir. W.
It will even all inequalities --Evelyn.
2. To equal. [Obs.] "To even him in valor." --Fuller.
3. To place in an equal state, as to obligation, or in a
state in which nothing is due on either side; to balance,
as accounts; to make quits; to make equal; as, to even the
4. To set right; to complete.
5. To act up to; to keep pace with. --Shak.
Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org Specification=RFC 2229