The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Conduct \Con*duct"\ (k[o^]n*d[u^]kt"), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Conducted; p. pr. & vb. n. Conducting.] [See Conduct,
1. To lead, or guide; to escort; to attend.
I can conduct you, lady, to a low
But loyal cottage, where you may be safe. --Milton.
2. To lead, as a commander; to direct; to manage; to carry
on; as, to conduct the affairs of a kingdom.
Little skilled in the art of conducting a siege.
3. To behave; -- with the reflexive; as, he conducted himself
4. (Physics) To serve as a medium for conveying; to transmit,
as heat, light, electricity, etc.
5. (Mus.) To direct, as the leader in the performance of a
Contactemail@example.com Specification=RFC 2229