The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Chain \Chain\, v. t. [imp. p. p. Chained (ch[=a]nd); p. pr. &
vb. n. Chaining.]
1. To fasten, bind, or connect with a chain; to fasten or
bind securely, as with a chain; as, to chain a bulldog.
Chained behind the hostile car. --Prior.
2. To keep in slavery; to enslave.
And which more blest? who chained his country, say
Or he whose virtue sighed to lose a day? --Pope.
3. To unite closely and strongly.
And in this vow do chain my soul to thine. --Shak.
4. (Surveying) To measure with the chain.
5. To protect by drawing a chain across, as a harbor.
Contactemail@example.com Specification=RFC 2229