The DICT Development Group
1 definition found
From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Bob \Bob\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bobbed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Bobbing.] [OE. bobben. See Bob, n.]
1. To cause to move in a short, jerking manner; to move (a
thing) with a bob. "He bobbed his head." --W. Irving.
2. To strike with a quick, light blow; to tap.
If any man happened by long sitting to sleep . . .
he was suddenly bobbed on the face by the servants.
3. To cheat; to gain by fraud or cheating; to filch.
Gold and jewels that I bobbed from him. --Shak.
4. To mock or delude; to cheat.
To play her pranks, and bob the fool,
The shrewish wife began. --Turbervile.
5. To cut short; as, to bob the hair, or a horse's tail.
Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org Specification=RFC 2229